May 8, 2008

Nightmare, Video Edition

Oh great. Now that I've seen this video I won't be able to sleep without having nightmares about falling through concrete sidewalks. If you have the slightest hint of acrophobia (fear of heights) don't even think about watching it. Seriously.



Now that you watched it anyway I'll tell you it's El Camino del Reyin near Malanga, Spain and is a pathway built in 1905 to help workers transport supplies from one side of the gorge to the other. Because apparently there was something important that needed to get from one side of the gorge to other (I can't imagine what that might have been but my first thought would be tranquilizers) (or maybe more concrete).

For obvious reasons--not the least of which is people getting killed in unplanned 700 foot shortcuts to the bottom--the Spanish government closed it to the public, but lunatics like this guy still go there. Because they are maniacs with death wishes, that's why.

And now if you will excuse me I need to go check my pants and then I think I'll give my front yard a big kiss. Love you long time, solid ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment