Apr 21, 2009

The Moors

England has several areas known as moors. I'm not exactly sure what makes a moor a moor, all I can tell you that one minute you can be driving through the lush, verdant countryside that is so typical of England and the next minute you are in a place that is utterly different--a moor.

They are empty, almost arid vast stretches of land that extend as far as the eye can see. Moors are slightly eerie yet oddly compelling places.


There are no people living in the moors but lots of sheep call them home.

And there are no fences to keep the sheep in any particular part of the moor--they pretty much have the place to themselves and go wherever they please.

Q. Why did the sheep cross the road?


A. To get a starring role in Morley's home movie.



"I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille. Just don't shoot my baaaaaad side."

No comments:

Post a Comment