Nov 4, 2008

Happy Election Day. I hope.



I've done my civic duty. I voted this morning and I hope my loyal blog readers, all four of you, will get to the polls and do the same.

I can't begin to tell you how glad I am that this election is finally over. No more campaign speeches, no more political commercials, no more screaming at the TV during national news shows, no more recordings on our answering machine asking for our votes or our donations, and most of all, no more tense moments at parties over words like "l*beral" and "soci*list", or phrases such as "spr**ding the w**lth around". The number of emails flowing through my inbox is going to drop like a stone. I have no idea what I'm going to do with all that free time.

All I know for sure is come tomorrow morning half of us will be estastic and relieved and the other half of us will be absolutely miserable.

So as a salute the end of this very long election, I present this moving performance of "America the Beautiful". It brought tears to my eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment