Jul 3, 2008

And we're off (work)

...not to be confused with "they're off" posted a few days ago. Apparently I am limited in my abilities to come up with catchy, original headlines this week.

Today is the last day of work before I drag my ex-pat Englishman to the lake to celebrate the day that America starting a steady decline in the Queen's global real estate holdings. As you might imagine, Morley always takes some ribbing on the occasion of Independence Day.

We've really been looking forward to this weekend since we are way overdue for some relaxation. Even though we didn't go to the office the week Morley had his recent surgery, that does not count as relaxation. At all. In fact, referring to that week as relaxing is like referring to Daniel in the lions' den as being at a petting zoo. (I should point out that in that example I would have played the role of Daniel and Morley did a masterful job in the role of Lion. I'm just saying.)

The last time we had any good quality time to goof off was last January when we went to the Southern Caribbean for two weeks. This is what Morley looks like in a relaxed state:

Handsome devil, isn't he? And very, very mellow.

And here's a photo of Morley taking a photo of the ocean:

Doesn't he look relaxed? People like to take photos of a the ocean when they're mellow. It's a mellow person kind of thing to do.

And this is what he looks like now:

I took this photo in the back yard after we got home from the office yesterday. He's picking gravel out of the lawn and putting it back in the pathway, one tiny piece of gravel at a time. (OCD much?) This is not a task that would cross the mind of a mellow, relaxed person. I rest my case. Definitely a dude due for some R&R.

And here's a photo I took yesterday afternoon of our goldfish in the backyard pond:


The picture of the goldfish has nothing whatsoever to do with the rest of this story. I just thought it was a cool photo.

Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend and get to do some goofing off of your own. Note to Bratley and family--don't forget to call me with your travel plans and let me know when we should expect you guys. I'm making the grocery store run this morning and I want to be sure we have enough grub, otherwise we might have to eat fish caught in the lake and you really don't want to do that. Or at least I don't think you would want to. Anyway, call me.

Happy 4th of July! God save the Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment